Ten Secrets For Basketball Sucess!

I worte this a few years back for another site...But I thought it will be useful for someone wanting to get better at the game I love.I'll be starting with the first and foremost thing you need.....1 of 10 MINDSET
"Get Your Mind Right". How you think is everything. Always think positively – think success. Make up your mind to be committed and dedicated to becoming the best. Positive thoughts will bring success on and off the basketball court. Have confidence in yourself –"high" self-esteem. Don’t blame yourself when you make a mistake. Learn from it (think about what you could have done differently). Move on. Remember, how you think is everything. How is it that when some guys get the ball they just know they are going to score and can sometimes tell you what they are going to do and then, do it? They know they are going to "do" you because they think success. They are focused when someone is guarding them on offense. Think in terms of the "jungle mentality", translation: in the jungle, it’s eat or be eaten. – only the strong survives. Think: "I’m hungry and I’ve got to eat". Think like the wolverine. A wolverine is not the largest animal nor is it the strongest. But it is one of the most tenacious and fearless animals on the planet. Being that the he is not fast, he has to find whatever he can to eat. If he stumbles upon a very large grizzly bear eating, he will go over and take the food from the grizzly leaving him running into the woods. The wolverine has been known to take food from a pack of wolves. How does this happen? These animals know that the wolverine means business and they can risk injury in a fight so they move on knowing they can get another meal. But the wolverine is hungry, and he’s got to eat. If you don’t eat, you’re going to die. In order to get to the next level, you must have this type of attitude. Ask yourself, "what am I thinking?" Maybe you don’t know because everything is going so fast. Are you thinking, "pass" as in passive or are you thinking "destroy" as in dunk?" You must be focused and concentrate on the game. Don’t be passive and think about "whatever comes to your mind" you must have a focused mind so that when you get the ball you will be successful. Always aim high. Strive to be the best. Think, "I can’t be stopped ‘cause I’m the best; I can score anytime I want and the only reason I don’t score is because basketball is a team sport and I want the game to come to me". 1 of 10